ADHD & Learning Disabilities
- Taking Charge of ADHD, The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents, by Russell Barkley
- Late, Lost and Unprepared, by Joyce Cooper-Kahn & Laurie Dietzel
- Learning Outside the Lines, by Jonathan Mooney
- ADHD in Adolescents, by Arthur Robin
- A Mind at a Time, by Mel Levine
- What Parents Need to Know About ADHD and Medication: Advice from an M.D. This can be found at www.Schwablearning.org/articles
CHADD is a National organization for Children and Adults with ADHD. (Baltimore Area Chapter: (410) 233-3274; www.chadd.org) for information and support regarding raising and educating a child with ADHD. CHADD offers free monthly support groups for parents of ADHD kids.
- How to Reach and Teach Children and Teens with Dyslexia, by Cynthia Snow
- Overcoming Dyslexia, by Sally Shaywitz
- Colleges for Students with LD and ADHD, by Petersons 2006
- Overcoming Underachieving: An Action guide to Helping Your Child Succeed in School, by Sam Goldstein & Nancy Mather
Assistive Technology (AT) refers to the use of computers and other technology to support children who have academic challenges. This is a field that has exploded and it should not be overlooked as you’re considering accommodations that may help your child.
Schwab Learning reviews many of the Assistive Technology Tools. www.schwablearning.org/ATtools